Thursday, April 28, 2011

Explosion Boxes

I have always had a fascination with explosion boxes so when I saw Scrappin With My Bug's explosion box, I had to have the directions to make it. They came in just in time and I made the one that came with her directions (didn't take pictures of that one as its on her blog) and then created 2 of my own. One for my boss because she survived giving up sweets for Lent (and she's not even Catholic) and the other for a really good friend's birthday. They both just loved them. Now to finish the one I am working on for my mom and step-grandma :-)

This is the one for my friend, her favorite color is green:

View of the outside:



View of the inside:


View completely open:


Close up of center:


The one for my boss all wrapped up:


The top:


Inside view:


Center close up:


My favorite cupcake :-):


That's it for right now, oh and I just figured out how to add more than 1 picture at a time, sweet!! Yes I can be that slow :-)

11 comments:

  1. Ok these are just dynamite. The floral one with the potted paper flowers and those acetate popping up elements just made me decide that I must make one of these.... then I saw your chocolate one and realized that is the first time I have ever seen a box like this with an actual gift in it. I think you just figured out my Mother's Day gift wrap. You are so clever. Thank you for sharing these!!!
    Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nadia, I am inspired by your work so try to push myself to think outside the box (ha ha) and go for something a bit more unique to make it special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look amazing! I love the centers on both boxes... very creative! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your explosion boxes. I, too, have been quite facinated with these, but I haven't tried making one yet. You have inspired me.

    I have awarded you a blog award. C'mon over to my blog to get it.

    www.thecraftymermaid.blogspot.com
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous boxes! I have also awarded you a blog award...a girl can never have too many awards! You have a wonderful blog!
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/2011/05/another-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu did a wonderful job. Love the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cool, I am going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see the box you were making for your mom at the last crop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome boxes! I love the box inside the box idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! So creative!

    JanaZ
    www.simplymycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boxes are amazing!! Definitely going to have to try that one day soon!!

    beingmrsmccann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Butterflies

Followers

About Me

My photo
Love to scrap and meet new scrappers, especially other cricut addicts. Not to sure about this blog thing, but I am going to give it a shot and see how it goes.